- Is there a reason that some messages come as text and yet others come as email? (The email ones sometimes have a text alert to flag that email has been sent)
When a Groupcall is sent, we select 2 options – email & Xpressions (the App). You will receive an email to your registered account and a notification to the app installed on your phone. You will not receive a SMS to your mobile as this is not free.
- Several folk have commented they get a text notification that there is an email and yet when they go in to check there is nothing there.
If there is no email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folders. You may need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders. Please let us know below if you are still not receiving emails.
- Those who have multiple children find the notifications do not appear in every child’s ‘swim lane’. Is there an eldest and only setup that means not every child gets every message?
We have an option to send the notification to the eldest & only, so you may only receive the message once.
- Is ALL the information that comes through Xpressions available via the other sources such as the blog?
Xpressions alerts are usually sent to specific groups eg; bus children, after school activity children, specific classes or are a more direct, instant notification to parents. Blog posts are more general information or for larger posts which can be browsed when time allows.
- Blog notifications for main blog and individual class blogs – is it working?
Aberdeen City Council ICT department had to limit features on our school and class blogs. One of these was the very useful notifications alert. We are unable to re install it unfortunately. We are in the process of having a new blog created by the ACC team. Until then it is recommended to check the blog regularly.
Please comment below if your are still experiencing an issue. Thank you.
View your child’s information on your mobile phone!
An exciting new service is now available for parents to ensure communication between the school and yourselves is easier and more effective. Groupcall Xpressions is created by the award-winning school communication company Groupcall Limited.
The app is completely free of charge to you and can be installed on your mobile phone or tablet. It currently supports both Apple iOS and Android devices (with Windows mobile to follow) and you’ll be able to see information for your children. St Joseph’s are planning to switch over to Expressions completely by the end of October 2017.
If you have children in different schools and those schools also use Groupcall Xpressions, you will be able to view information on multiple children within the same app.
What do I need to do now?
Please ensure we have your correct mobile number and email address on our school database to ensure you can use the new app. Forms are available from the school office to check and update your details or simply email them to the school. You’ll need to make sure you keep these details up-to-date in future to maintain access to the service.
What happens next
Once installed and set up you will be able to see some or all of the following information depending on the school’s system:
• Free messages sent by the school delivered directly to the app
• Updates regarding selected partner systems, used by the school such as homework, catering and library systems
• Attendance records and absences*
• Marks and grades*
• Achievement records*
• Behaviour events*
• School calendar*
• Notification timeline for all of the above.