The boys and girls were very excited to hear about the new system for ordering school dinners. We will be trialling it for the next 2 weeks in school. Find out more below –
Free School Meals – Are you entitled?
Do you know the school receives money for every child claiming free school meals?
Who is entitled to free school meals?
Pupils are eligible for free school meals if their parents or carers are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC), with an income under £16105 with effect from April 6th 2015.
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit (CTC) and maximum Working Tax Credit (WTC) with an income under £6420.
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
Pupils are eligible for Free School Meals in their own right if they are between 16-18 and fall into any of these categories.
What evidence will I have to provide?
When you complete and return your application form you will have to provide some documentary evidence.This could be:
- A letter from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) less than three months old confirming the type of benefit and current eligibility.
- If you receive Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance, your letter must state the words Income Based.
- You’re Tax Credit Award Notice TC602 from HM Revenue & Customs
- Confirmation of current support from the National Asylum Support Service (NASS) or a Social Services Asylum Team
- You can send the documentary evidence with your claim form; however we do not advise that you send any important documents by post.You may wish to bring them to your child/ren’s school or to Marischal College (01224 523237) where the documents will be verified and returned to you immediately.
If you are experiencing any difficulties in providing the necessary documentation, please contact us for advice and assistance.