Fairtrade Fortnight 2017 is upon us! From the 27th of February until the 12th of March.
This year’s theme/slogan is:
“IT’S TIME TO PUT FAIRTRADE IN YOUR BREAK”
We are starting off with P4M’s class assembly on Friday the 24th, to introduce the theme to the whole school. First to the Infants in the morning and then, to the Seniors and Parents in the afternoon.
ACTIVITIES ORGANISED BY FAIRTRADE GROUP:
- Colouring competition (P1-P3)
- Spoon and Malteser race (P1-P3). Timetable will go round for 2nd week (6th – 10th March).
- Collecting FT logos from snacks (whole school). Chart will be handed out to stick on or draw logos for each snack that they bring during the week.
- Fairtrade Football Raffle. 50p per ticket. Reps will come round to sell tickets. Draw on 10th March.
- Design a FT Mascot competition (P4-P7).
- ‘Snack Attack’: Design a Fairtrade snack and wrapper.
- P1-P3: Bar template,
- P4-P7: Bagged snack template (front and back).
- Fairtrade Fun Day: 10th March. Dress up in FT colours (blue, green, black) and bring a FT snack.
- Face painting for infants at lunchtime (TBC)
FAIRTRADE BIG BREW
Our popular Community event for parents is back this year again, where we would like to invite parents and members of our community to join us for a cup of tea or coffee and a blether. This will take place on the 10th March, 9.30-10.30am. All welcome.
The Fairtrade reps have asked once more if we could have a ‘Fairtrade Big Bake Off’, because they think it’s great fun and we can involve our talented bakers to show off their skills in support of Fairtrade. Last year the competition was really tough!
If you would like to take part in the ‘Bake off’, please bring your entries on the morning of the 10th of March by 9.00am via the school office or send in with your child. Please try to use as many Fairtrade ingredients as possible and label your entry (you might win one of our prizes!). Also, avoid the use of peanuts and indicate if there are any allergenic ingredients in your bakes. Good luck!