Mini reading challenge

Well done to all the children who took part in our Mini Christmas Reading Challenge. If you are looking for a book to read, check out their recommendations below! Look out for another mini reading challenge coming soon in March! 

Until then visit our library page to see all the fun being had with the new Reading Cloud! Use your barcode number to log into your page! 

Laura

The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark & The Hen Who Would’t Give Up

by Jill Tomlinson

Penny the Pony Fairy by Daisy Meadows

I’m in Primary P4G/S
I love reading because I like reading books because I can learn something new from every one of them. Stories take me to different places. I like interesting books that match my personality. I like animal stories the best and my favourite writer is Cathy Cassidy. I also like baking and use recipes from Mary Berry’s Baking Bible.

Grace

Daisy And The Trouble With Life Daisy

The Trouble With Christmas Daisy

The Trouble With Zoos

I’m in Primary P5M
I love reading because It helps me with writing along with reading.It also helps with spelling.And I also enjoy it.

Sashka

Grandpa’s Great Escape by David Walliams

The Fox and the Star by Coraline Bickford Smith

The Giraffe, the Pelly and Me by Roald Dahl

I’m in Primary 5
I love reading because I love reading because when I read it sometimes calms me down and sometimes it somehow pushes me to the end of my seat because it is really exciting, also it’s sometimes nerve-wracking to find out what’s going to happen next . I also like reading because it sometimes makes you laugh and you just get a really nice feeling inside.

Allison

1. Shrinking Violet

2. Mao Zedong

3. Science Crazy

I’m in Primary P6/7
I love reading because I love reading because it helps my knowledge and develops my mind.

Koni

1. Topsy and Tim

2. The Nutcracker

3. Princess Penelope and the Runaway Kitten

I’m in Primary P 1
I love reading because I learn new words and I love to read

Marie

Sam the Stolen Puppy by Holly Webb

Max the Missing Puppy by Holly Webb

‘We’re having a party’ – short stories by various authors.

I’m in Primary 3H/P
I love reading because it makes me happy and I get more interested in things. I like some stories about puppies because I love dogs. It is my dream to have one. I read with my little brother too.

James

All 3 books are by David Walliams:

Awful Auntie Grandpa’s Great Escape Demon Dentist

I’m in Primary 5
I love reading because It’s fun and not boring! Everyone in our house reads before they go to sleep. We are not tired until we have read our books! Reading is fab on long journeys because it is something you can enjoy doing whilst you can’t jump and run around.

Ben

The Maths Inspectors – the case of the claymore diamond by Daniel Kenney and Emily Boever. The Nowhere Emporium by Ross MacKenzie.

Holes by Louis Sachar.

I’m in Primary P7
I love reading because It helps boost my vocabulary and gives me ideas for writing. I like to read at night before i go to sleep, it helps me unwind and forget about my day.

Millie

Ever After High – Unfairest of them all. By Shannon Hale. Ever After High – Storybook of legends. By Shannon Hale My funny family gets funnier. By Chris Higgins. Four Children and It. By Jacqueline Wilson. Little Stars. By Jacqueline Wilson.

I’m in Primary P5
I love reading because Every book i read has more and more descriptions that helps me with my writing. I like to escape into the story and i feel i am one of the characters in the story. Sometimes i can’t put the book down.

Niamh

Father Christmas needs a wee.

The real story of Christmas

John Patrick Norman McHennessy

I’m in Primary 3P/H
I love reading because There are so many fun books to read in my house. I loved reading Christmas stories because it made me feel excited for Christmas Day. The last book on my list is so funny because it’s all about a boy who makes up stories about what happens on his way to school. His teacher gets cross and never believes him. But one day it’s the pupils turn to not believe the teacher…. It’s so funny!

♥

Ethan

Aliens love Panta Claus, Where’s Father Christmas? Roary the Racing Car Wee Granny’s Magic Bag. The Great Explorer. Up For The Cup.

I’m in Primary 2
I love reading because I like to find out the meaning of words and I like to read to my Mum and Dad.